Subject: Re: PAR & AD516
From: [email-masked] (ssk.multiverse.com)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 95 13:28 EDT

<---- Begin Included Message ---->

             I just bought a Sunrize AD516 card to use with my PAR and
can't find any info in either manual on how to make them record or playback
simultaneously.  I tried to set up an Arexx track on the AD516 and give it
a port name of DDR and a command of PLAY,  and it does recognize the port,
but the PAR doesn't respond.  What am I doing wrong?  Are there any other
programs that can be used to run the two of them together?  I tried Digital
Soundtrack and still no luck. Please let me know.  Thanks.

<---- End Included Message ---->

At my company, SSK Creatives, we use the PAR and the AD516 together quite 
extensively. The way we do it is to use the SMPTE feature on the PAR. Once you 
have recorded your animation on the PAR and have finished your soundtrack, put 
the time that the soundtrack starts into the SMPTE register on the PAR. Make 
sure that the AD516 has the SMPTE generator on (or in the case that you are 
recording to tape, use the SMPTE monitor, making sure you have created a 
correct time code path), put the animation in play/pause and start the 
sountrack (either through the time code out from your record deck or by 
pressing play on the AD516). This should do it.

If you have any more questions, contact me directly.

Steve Soltz
President / Animator
SSK Creatives, Inc.
[email-masked]

--
[email-masked] (ssk.multiverse.com) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]